Wednesday, February 9, 2022

My Music Culture!

 Hey guys! I'm so excited to tell and show y'all my favorite and not-so-favorite genres and songs of music. Music is such a huge part of me; I am always listening to some kind of music. Songs, no matter what it is about, can make me feel the emotion of it. However, I cannot listen to sad and energetic songs all the time because sometimes I'm in a sad or a very happy mood. I have been involved in chorus groups since I was in middle school, and now that I am in college and not in a singing group, music has made an even more of an imprint into my life. 

1. My current favorite kind of music is 2000s pop music, more specifically Maroon 5. They are my all-time favorite band! Their music is different than anyone else's music that I've heard. It reminds me of alternative rock sometimes and pop. The album, Songs About Jane, is my go-to; and the song, She Will Be Loved is my favorite! I can find myself keep rediscovering them over and over. I don't always listen to 2000s music, but when I do I absolutely love it!


2. As I said above, music is a huge part of my life. The kind of music that is most important to me is acapella Christmas songs. The Christmas time makes me feel happy, reminds of family, and that nothing could go wrong. The group Pentatonix is the perfect band for an acapella Christmas song! The version of The Drummer Boy and Mary Did You Know are my favorite songs that they have covered. The song Drummer boy is my father's favorite song, and my mother loves anything Pentatonix covers. I cherish and love spending time with my parents, they are my life(other than softball). I love that one of my favorite groups is also one of my parents' favorite too!





3. The genre of music that I absolutely cannot connect with is classical music. I do not understand the idea and concept of classical music. It makes want to(and sometimes) fall asleep. I do think that the instruments a part of the music can sound beautiful individually. However, when all the instruments are together the music gets boring. I know experiments have taken place that support the idea that classical music improves the amount and quality of school work, but that is the exact opposite for me. The violin music that covers popular music of today reminds me of classical music in a way, and this I can connect to. I love listening to it and trying to guess which popular song it is!




7 comments:

  1. This is the first time I have ever heard that someone was a fan of Maroon 5. Everybody knows at least one of their songs, but I haven't witness anyone say that they are a fan. They are an amazing band don't get me wrong (i like the song lost stars). AND OMGGG, I was hooked on Pentatonix in middle school. You just unlocked a lost memory for me hahaha. As for classical music, I understand what you are coming from. Sometimes it all just sounds the same and can be easily fallen asleep to. But, there are pieces that sound really pretty. I recommend Clair De Lune played on the violin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maroon 5 is one of those bands that fall somewhere between multiple genres and that is why they reach so many people, but it is kind of rare to see that someone is a fan. I love Pentatonix and they are usually my go to Christmas music to listen to because they are so good. I agree that classical music can be boring to listen to sometimes, but it is the root of most of the music we listen to today, so maybe we don't like it as much because it is like an outdated version of the music we already know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, I really enjoyed listening to your music. I love acapella music, and I definitely went trough a solid Pentatonix phase a while back. While I do love classical music, I can understand where you could find it makes you want to fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I am obsessed with Maroon 5 right now too! I don't know why but I have added like 4 songs from Songs About Jane just this week. I like classical music though, but only in small capacities and I have to be in the mood for it, so I understand. Pentatonix is consistently a hit, I will listen to their Christmas music all months of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She Will Be Loved is such a great song! It reminds me of the movie the Last Song. The Pentatonix are also so good. I was absolutely obsessed with them in middle school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew you were a Maroon 5 fan, but I didn't know that was your favorite song! I love getting to know you on and off the field Red! Even through the choice of your music it is truly a replication of who you are as a person. I never heard of Pentatonix until I read your post. I think after listening to them I'm going to get more into their music. I can't wait to read more of your blogs Red. I love you kid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie, I can totally relate to liking Pentatonix Christmas music! I absolutely love Christmas time and could listen to Christmas music all year! I also agree that I am not really much into classical music, it is very slow and boring to me.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog: HAWAII!!!

 For our final blog for the semester, we were told to pick a different country than the ones we discussed in class. For my pick I wanted to ...